What is Backlink? How to Get Backlinks? And Methods of Getting Backlinks
A backlink is a link that a site gives to another site.
Backlinks should be taken from the target keywords and the quality of the pages, which are thought to be beneficial after on-site SEO is completed.
Sometimes it may not be possible to beat or catch our competitors by doing only on-site SEO or only off-site SEO. Therefore, natural (it will look natural) and quality backlinks should be obtained.
The algorithm used in backlink exchange is the pagerank algorithm. The main purpose of the algorithm is to determine the power they transfer between sites.
When getting backlinks, metrics such as the site’s traffic, whether users are normal people or bots, domain authority, user experience, timeliness, how many backlinks have given out (link garbage) and whether they are relevant to your page should be checked.
When buying backlinks, it should not be considered that the more backlinks I get, the better.
There are 2 types of backlinks. Dofollow and nofollow. If you want the backlink we get to give us power and traffic, the links we get should be dofollow. When a nofollow backlink is received, search engine bots will not follow the link, so there will be no power transfer.
Another thing to consider when buying a backlink is to get a backlink from the footer and header fields. The links you get in this way will do you more harm than good after a while. You will both get links from irrelevant pages and you will get a lot of backlinks from a site.
Things to Consider When Buying Backlinks
- When getting backlinks, the quality and relevance of the site should be considered.
- Comment backlinks that are irrelevant and in foreign languages are often dangerous and not helpful. Backlinks should not be taken from these places.
- It is dangerous to get irrelevant links from the footer and header. Even if links are taken from relevant sites, it should be nofollow. Because links can also be obtained from blog or news pages or from irrelevant pages of a relevant site.
- Links from front sites negatively affect backlink building and the site. It should not be done (it is strongly not recommended).
- It is not harmful to get links from relevant ones from company directory sites. But if there are too many purchases, Google may consider it abused and perceive it as spam. It is the most logical to plan on a month-to-month basis and to register to company directories within the plan.
- Hidden backlinks are not recommended by Google and are a black hat SEO tactic. Definitely not recommended.
- Getting paid backlinks from different content and different pages will be a more correct and natural way.
- Google wants paid links to be nofollow. Considering this situation, you should get a nofollow link to your site so that the backlink work looks natural. However, dofollow links should be preferred in general.
- Cross-linking (where sites link to each other) is generally not recommended, but can be a useful tactic if sites are given attention and score well. EXAMPLE: Birevim, Proje opportunity, and ….project exchanging backlinks with each other.
- The site the link comes from must be strong and reliable.
- It is important to get visitors from the link. Visitor inbound links can directly affect rankings.
- When linking, the number and rate of linked words are important. The fact that all of the sites are of very high quality can be as harmful as all of the sites that are of very poor quality.
- If you want to learn more about this topic, you can read the Google backlink guidelines.
What is Penguin Algorithm?
Penguin algorithm is a real working algorithm, it fights spam backlinks. It is one of the most comprehensive core algorithms. It processes directly and shows its effect immediately. That is, backlinks can yield immediate results and can be observed immediately whether they are good or bad.
The Penguin algorithm looks at the words we link to and our relevance to the page we link to. For example, it is dangerous to only get links from open links or brand words, or it is dangerous to get a footer link from a very unrelated site because it has a lot of traffic and good authority. All to be equal above all and everything must be measured and planned.
The algorithm checks whether a visitor is coming from the link from which the backlink is received, and when I mentioned above, it blends all of them and applies a sanction accordingly.
However, it should not be forgotten that manipulating Google does not always result in penalties. Not being malicious when manipulating Google and doing your job properly without exaggeration can sometimes yield results.
Another thing to do for the Penguin algorithm is to reject harmful (low quality or irrelevant) spam backlinks coming to our site with the Google disavow tool.
What is Anchor Text?
Anchor Text: Clickable text used in links. Google accepts anchor texts as informative about the page it goes to.
Anchor texts are also very important in in-site links. For user experience, simple and understandable words should be chosen as much as possible. User habits should not be abandoned.
Anchor Text Types
- Money(Money – Target) Keyword: The exact same keyword that we want to promote. The few words and the most voluminous ones.
- Branded Words: These are the links taken directly from the brand word such as perfist, fenerium and kiğılı. It can also be called domain and perfist.com.
- Generic Words: These are the words most used by users with the highest volume. You can reach our site here or click here. Words such as generic words.
- Compound Words: Linking the target word and brand word at the same time is compound linking. EXAMPLE: Like the Perfist SEO service.
- Phrase Words: They are sentence-style links in which 3 or 4 longer words containing the keyword are linked. Non-keyword phrases are included in the links.
- Naked URL Links: Naked links are obtained using the full link. It can be used for brand awareness and is the form of linking that Google recommends. EXAMPLE: https://blog.perfist.com/en/
- No Text Anchor: This is how you link when you take it from images or when the link is left blank. If a link is taken from the images, the image should definitely have an alt tag.
If we do not want to be penalized by the Penguin algorithm, it would be better if the keywords we will link to in backlink articles are as follows:
- Branded → 70%
- Naked URL → 20%
- Generic → 5%
- Compound, Phrase → 1% to 5%
- Money → 1%
These rates vary from industry to industry. You can create a similar template by looking at your own planning and which words your competitors are getting links from. We should prepare a backlink plan in the same way as the natural distribution in the sector.
While determining the anchor texts, we should consider what our top competitors have done and what we can do better than them, and make our plans by taking into account the competitor and sectoral backlink analyzes.
The sentence in which the anchor text is used should be semantically good. It would be better if it includes side keywords.
Backlink Obtaining Methods
There are many different ways to get or bring backlinks to your page. Some of them are recommended by Google, some are not recommended and considered harmful. What matters here is your strategy. Whatever strategy you follow, but don’t give up on naturalness.
CREATE LINKABLE CONTENT
- It is one of the most frequently recommended link building tactics by Google. It is one of the most natural link earning methods. It is a white hat SEO tactic.
- It aims to gain links with blog posts. Or it is aimed to provide a link to a very good promotional article.
- The introduction should be written by people who have knowledge about the industry, with a well-prepared brief, after all the details, including the title, sub-title, and keywords, have been determined.
- Trend keywords should be chosen to attract visitors to the content. (You can analyze your target keywords from Google Keyword Planner and Google Trends.)
- In order for the article to be read more, we can put it in front of the people who we think will attract the attention of this article to the enthusiasts of the article through advertisements on social media channels. (In case they like the article, these people can go beyond reading and give the link to our article.)
- To get links we have to feature and share my post almost everywhere (wp groups, statuses, stories, social media and LinkedIn) “The best marketing is viral marketing.”
- We may receive links from forums, blogs and dictionaries on our behalf as if we were someone else. But doing this too much doesn’t go unnoticed by Google. It should be taken from quality sites at regular intervals.
- People who can link to our content should be identified and e-mail should be sent to request a link.
- Under the articles that receive more traffic than our article, we can comment below the article to attract traffic to our own article. (The link can be left by saying that the room was very useful, I read a content on this subject.)
PURCHASING A LINK FOR A CHARGE
- A content with the link + fee + the website where the content will be published = Buying a link for a fee.
- The content you will publish for a fee must be of very high quality.
- It is entirely up to us whether the content is comprehensive or just one topic.
- The content should convey the correct information to the reader in the shortest possible way.
- Unless it is a very comprehensive content, a content length between 400 and 500 words is sufficient. But length is certainly not a very important criterion.
- Content must be original! Absolutely no duplicate content.
- We can enrich the content by using images. The readability of the content should be increased by using short short paragraphs.
- Attention should be paid to anchor texts in the content. Links should not be taken in the same way all the time.
- According to Google, if a paid backlink is to be obtained, a “nofollow” link must be added. However, when it is done in this way, there will be no power transfer.
- If we have too many dofollow links on our page, it doesn’t take long for Google to realize that they are paid for.
- If we need to get a lot of links while purchasing paid articles, a maximum of 3 links should be placed. But 1 or 2 suggested links should be given. In general, 1 link should be placed at the most crucial point of the article. Those who already sell links generally do not want to give more than 2 links.
- Promotional articles can also be informative articles, such as a blog post.
- When making backlink purchase plans, it should be looked at how many competitors are buying and backlinks should be taken without exaggeration. Since it will not seem natural to buy all of them of poor quality or all of them of good quality, backlinks should be obtained from both quality and less quality sites.
- Backlink acquisition plans need to be planned very well and should be distributed over months.
- It is very important that the site is relevant when choosing the site where you will publish the content. If we choose the news site, the article should definitely be shared under the relevant category.
- We can understand the quality of the site from its traffic and the content it shares, as well as from the existing scores.
- You can decide whether the theme of the site to be linked is pleasing to the eye and whether it is user-friendly.
- A site that publishes too many articles may not have the quality and contribution we want to add to our site.
- While writing promotional articles, they should be as natural as possible. Unnatural texts can get caught in the Google penguin algorithm.
GUEST BLOGING / GUEST AUTHOR
- Getting links to our own page by writing content on sites with high domain authority or high traffic is called guest blogging. It is completely free. In this way, we can get links from Medium and sites with a private blog section.
- This article can also be shared on social media accounts so that it becomes viral and receives more interaction. Of course, this also depends on the quality of the article.
- The same risks apply here as it is very similar to buying paid links.
LINK REVIEW FOR PRODUCT/SERVICE
- It’s a tactic against Google guidelines.
- Generally, this tactic is done by Influencers and authoritative people and pages related to the topic and product, such as Shiftdelete.net.
- What happens in all the other linking rules applies here as well. Before getting links, sites and competitors should be analyzed very well and the best quality ones should be selected.
- Almost all review videos fall under this heading.
INFOGRAPHIC LINK BUILDING
- Links can be obtained using infographics.
- It is pleasing to the eye and is more readable.
- By using infographics in a blog post, you produce authoritative content by attracting the attention of users and you can expect someone to link to you.
- You can also publish on social media and Apps that people use collectively.
BRAND CITING LINK BUILDING
- Brand attribution is the places where our brand name is mentioned outside of our site.
- Articles that are cited but not linked on Google should be found by means of Google Alerts and another tool, and a request should be sent to them for linking to our site/article by e-mail.
- A lot of attention should be paid to grammar, being polite and persuasive when mailing.
- With Google Alerts, we can track new brand references about our own brand.
- You can find brand references by searching “brand name” -site:domain.com on Google (it brings us other sites where our brand name is mentioned, except your own site.) *It should be kept out of -facebook.com and -twitter.com next to our own site.
- Ahrefs Alerts (used just like Google Alerts) and Ahrefs Content Explorer can be used.
LINK BUILDING BY ORGANIZING EVENT
- Institutions can gain backlinks with the big events they organize in the sector. For example, these may include launches. Here, backlinks can be requested by capturing the naturally occurring citations from the demand for the event.
- You can earn backlinks by sponsoring the organizations of universities or different organizations.
LINK BUILDING TACTIC BY CREATION OF ONLINE VEHICLES
- You can capture the citations that will arise from any tool you make and turn them into backlinks.
LINK BUILDING WITH STORES / BRANCHES
- We must have more than one store and branch to be able to implement the tactic.
- Links can be obtained from private shopping mall sites or from sites such as company directories.
- In company directories, it is absolutely necessary to register with directors with high authority.
- If you register on shopping mall pages and company directories with low authority, you will do more harm than good.
- When registering to the company directories, everything should be filled properly and extremely carefully, so they should not be filled or left blank.
PARTNER AND SOLUTION PARTNERS
- Identifying suppliers or service providers and requesting backlinks from their websites.
- On the contrary, it is a tactic that can be used within the organizations or individuals we provide services to.
- Pages under the name of our references, business partners, partners, solution partners can be used for this job.
BUILDING BACKLINK WITH SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
- First of all, a profile should be opened on social media accounts on behalf of the company or individual.
- Leading social media sites: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn
- By growing our social media accounts naturally, we can provide traffic to our site by sharing our articles and services here.
RECOVERING STRENGTH ON BROKEN BACKLINKS
- Broken backlinks consist of pages that drop to 404 due to incorrect link entry in the backlinks to your site or for other reasons.
- Broken backlinks occur because closed pages are not 301 redirected.
- The Ahrefs tool can be used when finding broken backlines. Ahrefs → Site Explorer → Backlinks → Broken Backlinker.
- If the pages are closed by us, they should be redirected to the most relevant page with a 301 redirect.
- Web.archive.org can be used to see the article content of the broken links we find or what the page is.
- It’s a completely white hat SEO tactic.
- It is an SEO tactic that takes time to implement, and it should be studied as programmed and planned as possible.